Medication Monitoring Care Plan
Before a resident comes to Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisted Living Home their family will take a tour of our home. If the resident and family approve, we will then do a pre-admission assessment. We will request and require a Primary Care Physician report and a list of the resident’s medications to make sure they are a fit at our assisted living facility regarding Professional Medication Management assistance.
Once we determine they are an appropriate fit in our home, we sign a contract and go over with the resident and family, The Plan of Care. We will go over rent and admission fee at this time and discuss what physician prescribed medication will be monitored for the resident and the medication monitoring plan that will be provided.
All medications are documented. No medication will be allowed to enter the building unless we have a physician order allowing it and that includes over the counter medications. We centrally store each resident’s medication and assist with Professional Medication Management. We make sure residents are reminded on times to take medication and provide them with assistance in a timely manner.
Blossom Valley Oasis’s Plan of Care makes sure that each resident’s medication is at our assisted living home every month. All medications are stored and secured in a locked cabinet and every medication is separated by each resident’s control log. We practice the 7 rights of medication to prevent any mishaps or errors. Below we will go over what the 7 Rights of Medication are, and how it protects your loved one.
The 7 Rights of Medication:
To safeguard your loved one and keep them safe and healthy, our Professional Medication Management Care Plan includes the 7 Rights of Medication which are: Right resident, right medication, right dose, right time, right route, right reason, and right documentation. This Care Plan ensures safe medication preparation and assistance. See each course of action below:
1. Right Medication: Every Caregiver at Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisted Living Home is required to check the medication container or package and make sure that it matches the signed form from their primary care physician and that each medication is locked up and kept in its original bottle.
2. Right Resident: The more Residents at an assisted Living Facility, the more of an increased risk of improper medication administration can occur. Our Caregivers make sure that the right resident is receiving the right medication by double checking forms, labels, medications and separating medications to each specific resident.
3. Right Dose: Making sure that every resident receives the right dose can be as simple as reading the label on their medication bottle. However, if the resident needs liquid medication, our caregivers are instructed to use a syringe with milliliter measurements attached to make sure that they are giving the exact dose required. They are restricted from using a tea or tablespoon as this may be inaccurate.
4. Right Time: With Several Residents and a lot of medications to keep an eye on, our caregivers are instructed to be aware of dosing frequency, as some medications are required to be taken more than twice a day. At Blossom Valley Oasis we use a medication log and a medication monitoring schedule to prevent medication mishaps like forgetting a dose or double dosing and we write down and double check when each medication is administered.
5. Right Route: When talking about the medication administration route, this means if the medication is given the right way. For example, if someone is prescribed medication for an ear problem and are given drops for it, it is important to know if the drops are to be administered orally or directly inside their ear. Our Caregivers are again required to double check the medication and make sure they are following the directions properly.
6. Right Reason: At Blossom Valley Oasis, it is mandatory that each time medication is administered by our Caregivers, they are checking the medication log and or schedule and making sure that the medication they are administering is for the exact symptoms or condition of the Resident. For example, acetaminophen medication for pain or heart meds for a heart condition. This is all taken care of in our Professional Medication Management.
7. Right Documentation: Every administration of medication must be recorded in the medication log. When our Caregivers assist with medication, they are required to document it immediately and every time they assist with a dose. Proper documentation prevents a skipped dosage, or a double dose and the documentation informs the next Caregiver of what time the last dosage was provided and when the next dosage will be required.
As stated above, we went over the Medication Monitoring Care Plan from the moment your family has chosen Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisted Living Home and the steps that we take to ensure proper Medication Monitoring and assistance. The service of medication monitoring comes with all of our other personal care services or Assistance with Daily Living Activities that will be provided to your loved one 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are interested in our home, you can call us at (909) 296-4469 to set up an appointment. As of right now because of Covid-19, we are only allowing outside tours of our home per CDC guidelines and to keep our Residents Safe. You can also contact us through email at: BlossomValleyOasis@gmail.com Thank you for considering Blossom Valley Oasis. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.
What other types of services are available?
Our Qualified Caregivers have the experience and compassion to provide assistance with everyday personal care tasks, such as:
- Assisting with morning and evening routines
- Bathing (showers, baths, sponge baths, bed baths)
- Restroom activities (toilet assistance, incontinence, accident monitoring)
- Personal hygiene/grooming (hair care, skin care, oral care, nail care)
- Dressing (clothing selection and assistance)
- Mobility (transfers, walking, range of motion exercises, light exercise)
Where do I receive personal care services?
Your loved one will receive “Live In” senior care at Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisting Living Home and will receive 24 Hour Assistance with a caregiver who provides one on one care and support.