When it comes to Companionship Care and Recreation, the Caregivers at Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisted Living Home go above and beyond just being physically there for your loved one, we are there for them mentally and emotionally as well, its not “just a job” for our companion caregivers.
Moving to a new home with new people and having them take care of the majority of the Activities of Daily Living (ADL’s) can be a difficult transition for your loved one to cope with, so it is crucial that the assisted living home you choose balances the physical, mental, and emotional care that is provided for your family member through companionship and recreational activities.
Through the Companionship and Recreation activities, our Caregivers develop a bond with your loved one that grows stronger and stronger with time as both our Caregiver and your loved one spend time conversating, doing activities together and we find that both parties end up looking forward to seeing each other more and more each day.
We believe that our companion care activities truly make a difference in the happiness, fulfillment, and overall mental & emotional well-being of your loved one’s quality of life. We see the enthusiasm spring back into our residents who before, were left alone for long periods of time and now have companion caregivers who genuinely love to interact with them.
Our caregiver companions truly make a difference in our Residents lives and they always find a way to mix it up and fill the empty spots of the day with conversation, laughter and enjoyable activities that brighten up their day. Although not an exhaustive list, below is a sample of the Companionship and Recreation activities your loved one will be a part of in our Assisted Living Home.
Companion Care and Recreational Activities
- Watching TV and Movies: It goes without saying that your loved one has their favorite tv show or movie and it is one of the most comforting amenities to make your loved one feel more at home while in a new place. While your loved one is in our assisted living home, they will be able to enjoy watching television in the entertainment room and they will be able to watch TV in their bedroom while laying down and relaxing and enjoying the activity with a companion caregiver.
- Playing Cards & Board Games: Although it may not appear to be stimulating to some, playing cards and board games is an amazing way to conversate and bond with one another. Deep conversations and connections occur when sitting across from each other, no other distractions and both parties are telling intimate stories and having a good laugh. It also gets the neurons firing to keep your loved one’s mind sharp.
- Doing Crafts and Projects: Like playing cards and games that was discussed above, having your loved one do crafts, or projects is another way to bond and conversate while our caregivers are assisting them. More importantly is the impact it has on your family members motor skills and hand and eye coordination. However, these activities also reduce stress and alleviate anxiety and of course stimulates the brain.
- Book Reading: We have all experienced the value of a good book. We have read a book and a movie comes out about the book, but it is just not the same or as good. This is because when we read, we are using our brains to imagine the characters, the scenes and we are engaged in the plot. Our Caregivers are more than happy to sit and have your loved one read to them or they can read to your loved one. Either way, it is beneficial to both sides and another great bonding activity.
- Letter and Card Writing: Even though we are now in the digital or information age and it is easy to send a text message or email, your senior loved ones still love to write and receive letters and enjoy getting Birthday or Christmas cards during the holidays. Let’s face it, they are old school, and they may feel out of the loop with the new technologies. For them, it is a breath of fresh air when they get a physical letter in the mail and cherish cards with pictures of family members and friends when they receive them.
- Exercise Activities: Keeping aging Seniors mental capabilities sharp is particularly important but what is just as important, is to keep them as physically fit as possible too. Our Caregivers have your loved one’s exercise regularly to increase their chances of remaining as independent as possible and to maintain a more fulfilling and healthier lifestyle. Some of the light exercises our caregivers assist with your loved one are: Aerobic, balance, strength, flexibility, and endurance training exercises. For some it could just be a nice walk around the block, for others it could be light weight training, for those who are capable. Each Resident’s needs will be assisted appropriately and safely.
As we discussed in the beginning, when your loved one is placed in an assisted living home it can be a difficult transition but with the right companionship and recreation care they will start to feel more relaxed and eventually start to form a bond with their caregivers. Blossom Valley Oasis also keeps our Resident’s rooms a blank canvas so that they can bring in any pictures or belonging that remind them of family and make them feel at home.
To Learn More about the additional Services that Blossom Valley Oasis | Assisted Living Home Provides, scroll to the top and click on one of the other services in the bracket. You can call us 24 hours a day 7 days a week as someone is always available to answer your questions at: (909) 296-4469 or email us at: BlossomValleyOasis@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
What types of services are available?
Our Qualified Caregivers have the experience and compassion to provide assistance with everyday personal care tasks, such as:
- Assisting with morning and evening routines
- Bathing (showers, baths, sponge baths, bed baths)
- Restroom activities (toilet assistance, incontinence, accident monitoring)
- Personal hygiene/grooming (hair care, skin care, oral care, nail care)
- Dressing (clothing selection and assistance)
- Mobility (transfers, walking, range of motion exercises, light exercise)
Where do I receive personal care services?
Your loved one will receive “Live In” senior care at Blossom Valley Oasis LLC | Assisting Living Home and will receive 24 Hour Assistance with a caregiver who provides one on one care assistance and support.